Phosphate is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body and contains about 1 % of total body weight. Phosphate homeostasis is maintained by the several regulators such as parathyroid hormone (PTH), calcitriol and phosphatonins.
Maintenance of phosphate homeostasis is essential for various biological processes, such as energy metabolism, cell signaling, regulation of protein synthesis, skeletal development and bone integrity.† An adequate level of phosphate is needed for the process of apoptosis of mature chondrocytes in the growth plate. Phosphate deficiency is associated with the bone pathology and clinical illness.
Malachite Green Phosphate Assay Kit has been used in phosphate quantification and steady-state kinetics.
Malachite Green Phosphate Assay Kit has been used to measure the liberation of free orthophosphate in the following applications:
- Phosphatase Assays: the liberation of phosphate from peptide, protein, or small molecule substrate.
- Lipase Assays: the liberation of phosphate from phospholipids
- Nucleoside Triphosphatase Assays: the liberation of phosphate from nucleoside triphosphates (ATP, GTP, TTP, CTP, etc).
- Quantitation of phosphate in phospholipids, proteins, DNAs, etc.
- Drug Discovery: high-throughput screen for phosphatase inhibitors.
|Malachite Green Phosphate Assay Kit|